The history of BELA Group BV
Established in 1925 by Peter Claessen. In the early days, mainly for the auction and to bring cattle to the market in Den Bosch. In the mid-1950s, a goods vehicle was purchased, his son, Frits Claessen, took over the company and Claessen Transport was born.
In 1978, his son Peter took over the company, followed in 1982 by his son Hein, and the company changed its name to Gebr. Claessen Transport. From 1978, the transportation within Europe was mainly carried out with tilt trailers and tipping trucks were added later. Under the name Handelsonderneming Claessen BV, from 1978 trade also began in forage products such as hay, straw and potatoes, in particular for cattle.
In 1987, Peter and Hein went their separate ways, with Hein moving in the direction of tilt transportation and Peter towards tipper transportation and the trading company. The name of the transport company was changed to Claessen Transport BV.
Over the years, this grew to become the company that still stands for what it was first established for today. Providing customers’ products with added value as a reliable partner in logistics.
From 1-1-2014, the name of Claessen Transport BV was changed to BELA Transport BV, part of BELA Group BV. BELA Group BV also includes Rined Fourages BV and Agri Trade GmbH (trade in animal feeds), VTO BV (trade in biodigestion products and fertilisers), BELA Gemaalweg, BELA Meijel and BELA Ossenisse (pig farms) and BELA Biogas (biodigestion plant).
BELA Group BV is also a part owner of Agrisyst BV (automation and data processing), Agrophil bvba (trade in animal feeds) in Belgium and Eko Pasza Sp. z o.o. (trade in animal feeds and transportation) in Poland.